Friday, September 25, 2015

Shhh...I may be in love with my mailman! Free and fun things in the mail!

Who doesn't love a box in the mail that they weren't expecting? The exhilaration of opening it up and seeing what goodies lay inside. Today my doorbell rang. Very unusual as my mailman, UPS and FedEx guy deliver here so often they just drop and run. So, I knew this was either good or bad. I signed his little pad and took my package with hope that something fun had come.

I have a slight recollection of applying to the Nielson National Consumer Panel. I was approved! In the box I found a scanner, a charging station and a router cable with a novel of instructions and wondered, "What did I get myself into?"

It only took a few minutes to hook it all up and run a test scan session. Basically, for as long as I'd like I will be scanning EVERYTHING I purchase, entering where I bought it, who was with me and how much it cost and then transmit this data. They want to know if it was on sale, did I use a coupon, was the coupon doubled? For doing this I will be earning points that can be exchanged for gift cards or items from their catalog. I have my eye on a new IPad. I think it's interesting the lengths that companies go to, to see what peopling are buying and why. I guess I want to be a guinea pig,subconsciously.

I will see if this is worth my time; give it a few months. I am sure my kids will love being my helpers in this. It is very easy to do.

I am looking at it as FREE MONEY and I LOVE free anything.

I will keep you posted on how this progresses and if I have a love hate or just hate relationship.

Wish me luck and lets hope for the best and a new IPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment